Pesto Turkey Burgers with Baked Sweet Potato Fries
I had a few of my friends over for dinner on Sunday and made these delish pesto turkey burgers with baked sweet potato fries and of course, a big salad to get in my greens. It was really easy to make and although my friends may be a liiiiitle biased, I think it was a total hit!
Ingredients: (serves 5)
- 2 lbs organic hormone free lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Gotham Greens vegan pesto (regular pesto works great too!)
- 1/2 cup Daiya Vegan shredded mozzarella cheese (or the real thing!)
- KNOW better buns, toasted
- 1 onion, chopped
- In a bowl, mix the ground turkey, cheese, and pesto
- Form burger patties and heat the grill or grill pan
- Place the patties on the grill and let them cook for about 7 minutes on one side, 6 on the other
- While burgers are cooking, caramelize the onions in a saute pan with olive oil
- Toast the buns and serve!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Cinnamon to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- Sea salt to tsaste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop sweet potatoes roughly into french fry shapes. Leave the skin on for extra fiber!
- Melt the coconut oil and in a bowl pour the coconut oil on the fries. Sprinkle the spices
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until crispy
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup KNOW FOODS croutons
- Drizzle of olive oil, red wine vinegar, and sea salt for dressing
- Chop all the veggies and place in a bowl. Add the croutons and raisins
- Drizzle dressing before serving and you are all done!!