Raw Lemon Ricotta Zucchini Noodles
After making zucchini noodles hundreds of times, I just realized that I prefer them raw. They hold their crunch better than when I sauté them and they don't get as watery. This combo is definitely going to become a regular in my weekly rotation!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 zucchini
- 1/3 cup Gotham Greens vegan pesto (regular pesto is fine too!)
- 3 tbsp fresh ricotta cheese or Daiya vegan cheese
- 3 tbsp crushed pistachios
- 2 tbsp lemon zest from 1 lemon
- Sea salt to taste
- Spiralize the zucchini with a spiralizer or vegetable peeler and place in the serving bowl
- Mix in the ricotta and pesto and mix until spread evenly
- Zest the lemon to get 2 tbsp of lemon zest and mix in
- Place the pistachios in a ziplock bag and pound on them with the flat side of a knife until crushed. Sprinkle them on top with with a dash of sea salt
- There you have it! Enjoy as a side salad or place a piece of protein on top for your main dish!