Protein Packed Energy Bites
These are a great alternative to buying sugary protein bars and they are as natural as it gets! I make a big batch of these as they are freezer friendly. Packed with super foods, one of these little bites gives you the energy you need to make it until your next meal. One ball has 150 calories, 9 grams of fat, 6 grams of sugar, 2.5 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein, and 12 grams of carbs.
The chia seeds, oats, and flax provide a hefty dose of fiber and the almond butter, coconut and protein powder give those healthy fats and protein. These are just as good without the protein powder!
Feel free to get creative with different nuts, toppings, and flavors! I'd love to see what you come up with!
Ingredients: (makes ~12)
- 1/2 cup natural drippy peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup protein powder of choice (optional)
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- In a large bowl, mix together the nut butter, honey and vanilla extract until well combined. Add in protein powder, coconut, flaxseed meal, oats, and chia seeds. Mix well. At this point you should be able to form balls that stick together. If the nut butter was not as drippy as you need, I've added a splash of almond milk to moisten it a bit.
- Form into 12 balls and place in an airtight container. These last in the fridge for up to 1 week, or the freezer for a month. Enjoy!