We all love our eggs in the morning, but they unfortunately tend to get saved for weekend brunches as most of our hectic week day mornings are all about the grab n' go options.
Omelet muffins are a great solution as you can make them over the weekend and take them with you to work during the week! Healthy, easy, and filling. Add with a side of berries and you are good to go! 2 muffins is a serving size!
INGREDIENTS (12 muffins):
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 large whole eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh or thawed frozen spinach, drained
- 3 tbsp diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp diced onion
- 3 tbsp diced bell pepper
- 2 oz shredded cheddar or cheese of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs and egg whites, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Fill muffin tin and bake 20, until set.
They last in the fridge for about 3 days! 2 omelet muffins is about 150 calories so pair with fruit on the side!