Molly's Best Granola
There is no better gift than a healthy homemade treat! A bag of this granola will definitely make your loved one's day, but make sure to keep some for yourself! I like making my own granola to keep the sugar content in check. I mix in nuts for added protein and dried mulberries and goji berries for fiber and an antioxidant boost. The coconut and chia seeds also give you that healthy fat that will keep you energized and satisfied Enjoy!
Ingredients: (~12 1/2 cup servings)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried mulberries
- 1/2 cup dried gojiberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Mix all the dry ingredients together, except the mulberries, goji berries and coconut flakes.
- Stir in the wet ingredients until mixed thoroughly
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and spread the mixture in a thin layer
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- When you take it out of the oven, let it sit without stirring for about 20 minutes to let clusters form. When it cools down, add the goji berries, mulberries, and coconut flakes.
- Enjoy on yogurt, with almond milk, or on its own!