Gooey Vegan Sweet Potato Brownies
As promised, my delicious sweet potato brownie recipe is here! No refined sugar, refined flour, or eggs needed! These are a chocoholic's heaven and you can feel good about this healthy indulgence!
- 1 cup natural almond or peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips plus another handful for the top
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Line an 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper
- Heat the nut butter for about 1 minute until its easy to mix. Add the sweet potato puree and the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the rest of the ingredients. Pour the dry into the wet and incorporate until smooth
- Pour into the baking pan and add some more chocolate chips on top (optional)
- Bake for about 20 minutes. They will be gooey but they harden while they cool. If you like a more structured brownie, leave them in the fridge for about 2 hours. Enjoy!