Coconut & Almond Flour Chicken Milanese
I made this recipe on Valentine's Day and I got a bunch of messages about it so I wanted to share! My fiancé loves it and it's is really easy to make. I am guilty of a few dry chicken dinners in my day and for some reason this always comes out super juicy. It is paleo and gluten-free friendly and uses no refined flour! Enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 lb organic chicken breasts
- 2 organic, cage-free eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of pepper
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (or avocado oil works well too!)
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- Set up your cooking station with 1 plate with coconut flour, 1 bowl of the 2 eggs (whisked), and 1 plate of almond flour next to your sauté pan
- Heat the oil in the pan on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until hot
- Dip each breast first in the coconut flour, then drench in the egg and then evenly coat it in the almond flour
- Place the chicken in the pan (it should immediately sizzle) and don't flip until one side is browned.
- As the chicken is cooking, heat olive oil in another pan for the tomatoes. Saute the tomatoes just for a few minutes to soften them a bit.
- When the chicken is cooked through, plate it. Place a two handfuls of arugula on top and then pour the tomatoes on.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, squeeze the lemon juice and drizzle with balsamic reduction. It will look as good as it tastes!