Beer Can Chicken
From my instagram responses it seems like i’m the last to know about beer can chicken but let me tell you, it lives up to the hype!
1 whole organic chicken about 4 lbs
1 beer can, can be cheap beer!
fresh thyme and rosemary
butter or ghee
1. Rinse chickens and pat dry. Season liberally with kosher salt and let them sit at room temperature for a least an hour. After an hour, pat the chickens dry with paper towels to remove the moisture that the salt creates.
2. Season the chicken all over with garlic salt and sweet paprika.
3. Take a can of beer and pour about a quarter of the beer out. Put fresh thyme and rosemary in the can. The herbs will stick out of the top.
4. Now put the chicken on the can. Pull the legs forward to create a tripod and make sure the chicken is firmly on the can by pressing down to make sure it’s secure. Place the chicken on the beer can on top of a baking sheet
5. Spread softened, salted butter or ghee on the top of the chickens. I use a liberal amount maybe a 1/3 of a stick per chicken.
6. Roast them in a 400 degree oven for 20 min, then turn the oven to 350 and roast for an hour and ten min. Total cooking time 90 min