Avocado Pesto Sauce
I like pesto on just about everything so when I make it, I make a big batch to keep in the fridge or freezer. Lately I've been adding avocado to my pesto to give it a creamier consistency while adding a dose of healthy fats. it also makes the meal more satisfying and filling. Enjoy this on zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, any sort of noodle or as a dipping sauce! In the picture below, I mixed the pesto with GK Skinny Pasta and sautéed zucchini. It was delicious!
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (can also use walnuts or hemp seeds)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water (can add more or less depending on how thick you want it)
- Rip the basil leaves off the stem and add to food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Add more water if you want it to thin out.
- Mix with pasta or use as a dipping sauce with veggies or protein. Enjoy!