Gluten Free Apple Pie Muffins
It officially feels like Fall and I have yet to share an apple inspired recipe so here you have it! These are great to make on a weekend so that you have them for breakfast throughout the week. There is nothing scary about this recipe as it has no refined sugar or flour! Happy Halloween!!
Apple Pie Muffins (12 servings)
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (certified gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice (or a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cumin)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1 medium organic apple, grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients.
Add applesauce, grated apple, egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and milk. Stir well until smooth.
Fill muffin cups almost completely full with batter. The muffins will not rise.
Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving to avoid breaking the muffins. Store in a covered container in the fridge for about a week or freezer for up to 3 months. Enjoy!